True reason for Chrome's creation, Ads?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It just made me give up jogging.

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

You really need to get out more :D

Any 'ol way, yeah, this little ad nonsense is just that, nonsense. Everything Google does has a tie in with their ad revenue, so none of this should shock anybody. Data mining, what can I say, Google wishes it were able to do half of what the intel agencies can. I can tell you this much, if Google wasn't the search engine of the internet and didn't have almost God-like status in the web world, nobody would be saying much about their deeds at all. The same goes for Facebook. There are countless other companies that do much of the same thing, and you never hear a peep about them. The ones that aren't under a constant, bright spotlight are the ones you need to worry more about.

3. Daveski17

Yeah, but incognito ... ;) :cool:

I'm just paranoid I guess. OK, I admit, the ad isn't Dr Evil evil, but I wonder where it might lead to. :D

4. guest

guest Guest

Time will tell, but IMO it may have opened the gates of hell for Chrome.

5. Daveski17

Which brings us back to the apocalypse ... ;) :eek:

6. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

I honestly get what you're saying. I'm still in the "this doesn't matter one iota" camp, because, right now, it doesn't. I do however intend to keep watching how things play out. Google isn't a company that I'm comfortable with blowing off these things completely without another thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.