true imagee 9.0 not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by banjoman, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banjoman

banjoman Guest

I just bought acronis true image 9.0 last night. I am trying to transfer the data on my old hard drive in my laptop to my new hard drive for my laptop. I am using my pc to try to do this. I hook up the 2 hard drives, old as master and new as slave. I open the acronis and click on disk cloning. I choose and old and new drives and automatic and click proceeed and nothing happens. What should I do?

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

"I am using my pc to try to do this." By this I take it to mean that you put both laptop drives in a desktop pc. If so, and if your desktop Windows sees both laptop drives, then simply copy and paste the data from the old laptop drive to the new one. No need for Acronis here.

"I hook up the 2 hard drives, old as master and new as slave." The old has to be on the secondary controller, otherwise the desktop will try to boot from the old laptop drive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.