true image workstation un/install

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by montii, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montii

montii Registered Member

hello everyone, acronis support in particular,

how am I supposed to reinstall a true image backup server? Once installed and removed I cannot reinstall it ever again (9.1.3694). I really would love to see *ALL* components being removed upon software removal. Truth is.. I have 4 (partially even running(!)) services left and a bunch of garbage in the registry among some files in %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Acronis as well as %ProgramFiles%\acronis.

I had a look at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=773771&postcount=8 but that only covers a local true image server/home installation if I am not totally wrong.

2. montii

montii Registered Member

this is kind of urgent as I need to evaluate the software.
    If I cannot even install it the evaluation process won't take long :)

anyone?

the backup server installer quits with the following error message (translated):
    The installation was cancelled before acronis backup server could be installed. You have to run the installer again for any further attempts.

edit:
    further investigations revealed the following problem:
    even though it's German it should be pretty clear :)

edit 2: I had this problem before when I (successfully) installed Acronis True Image Backup Server on a Microsoft SQL 2003 Server - the error occured upon Acronis TI Backup Server startup. However the server I am currently working with is not running any database whatsoever..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  3. montii

montii Registered Member

*bump* nobody experiencing the same problem? :-(

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello montii,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please remove all registry entries related to the previous installation of Acronis Backup Server (if there are any) using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and then try to install Acronis Backup Server once again?

Please also make sure that you have rebooted the computer after Acronis Backup Server was uninstalled.

If the above does not help, please install the latest version of Acronis drivers first (install it with disabled logging) and only after that try to install Acronis Backup Server itself.

If that does not help either then please do the following:

1. Launch the product installation file.

2. Once the Acronis product installation screen appears, right-click on the name of the component that fails to install (Acronis Backup Server in your case). You should see two options there: Install and Extract. Select Extract.

3. Select the path for extracting the component and click Save.

4. Go to the Run prompt (Start -> Run) and issue the following command: msiexec /i msi-name /l*v log-name, where msi-name is the name of the file you extracted in steps 2-3 and log-name is the path and the name to the log file you want to save the output to.

5. Reproduce the problem and collect the log file created during the installation.

Please also create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.