True Image version 11 Build 8101 ????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertkjjj, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuttle

tuttle Guest

I am registered for v.11, but the latest update I see on the download page is build 8053.

2. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Sure, because usually software houses show only the official releases.

3. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

Honestly, I haven't tried 8101 (other than installing and looking for new features). I only upgraded from v9 to v11 because sales and acronis's website told me it supported AES images encryption. They were wrong of course -- so now I'm trying to either upgrade to echo or get a refund (but I have a seperate thread on that).

4. bledd

bledd Registered Member

i never said it's on the site, i'm saying that is what acronis should do :blink:

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

See message #14 in this thread.

6. blacknight

Yaa, but see also message 20 and 21. :doubt:

7. bledd

bledd Registered Member

i've re-read it and it doesn't state that it's on the site, i was suggesting that's what acronis should do..

hence the comma! :argh:

8. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Me too.

Last availiable update: build #8053

9. tuttle

tuttle Guest

truthseeker, apparently the post that Acronis had released a later build on their site was not true. The poster was trying to suggest that Acronis should do that, but the poor writing made it sound to all of us as though he was stating that Acronis had already done so.

The latest build available from the updates/downloads page is still 8053.

10. Roguewarrior

Roguewarrior Registered Member

Hey guys - first off - AWESOME product. The BOZOS at Symantec (who sell Ghost) refused to help me to boot from their CD. My new motherboard with the G31 chipset confused the Ghost Recovery disk! Yours worked right out of the box. I am one of those folks with the new 8101 build. I bought the CD in a retail box from Fry's here in San Jose, CA.

My question is why is the verify so slow? I created a brand new backup of my C and D drive. The file's size is about 32GB. It created them very quickly - maybe 20 minutes. It is stored on an external USB 2.0 drive. However, I check verify before the backup started and that added a good 40 minutes to the whole process - weird. Why is it so slow? I read the boards and they say that incremental backup verifys are slow - but this was a new and complete backup.

Any help would be appreciated!

11. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Hi Roguewarrior just curious,
    Are you verifying from windows or from the rescue disk.
    My verifications are always a bit faster then the backup in either windows or the Rescue disk. I do tend to do 98 per cent of my backups with the rescue disk. ( Have you tried the "rescue" disk to make sure it works?)

12. Roguewarrior

Roguewarrior Registered Member

Yes - first thing I did after I created the backup/image. Thank goodness the recovery disk works like a charm - so much better than that Ghost garbage!

I tried to verify both from the recovery disk and as part of my backup. I performed the backup from within Windows XP. Both verify methods (CD and Windows) are slow. Some 40+ minutes to verify the file. Not sure why?

13. blacknight

I sent an email to it, too, last saturday ( 6/28/08 ), but I had any answer. Did you receive from Acronis Support ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.