True Image version 11 Build 8101 ????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by robertkjjj, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertkjjj

robertkjjj Registered Member

What is absolute latest version available?
    In the same week, last week, on Newegg I bought 2 copies of True Image 11.
    One I bought by instant download, the other by the retail box with the CD.

The download version was build 8053, and when you check Acronis website that seems to be latest version.

But, the CD version arrives, I install, and it is clearly Build 8101, both in the "About" section and also when you check version number of the .exe.

Very strange.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    And, how can we download the 8101 update from Acronis website?
    What is difference between these 2 builds?
    Thanks!
    -RJ

2. laserfan

laserfan Registered Member

Hmmm, may I be the first to congratulate you?

As you probably know, the latest build is 8053, dated 2007-11-07. I just confirmed this against my own registration.

How you got a CD w/8101, which no one here has ever seen, is a mystery. What is the date of the directories/folders on that CD? My own CD (from Newegg also circa Dec07) has the 8053 build and all dirs are dated 11/7/2007 between 1:56am and 2:02am.

If you truly have a newer build there are a lot of people here who would like to try it!!!

3. robertkjjj

Laserfan, I'm so happy you wrote back, as I am a newbie to ATI (although I have used Ghost the last few years and am not a PC or backup newbie).

I'm looking at the brand new ATI v11 CD from Newegg(I opened the box last night) and looking at the folders this very second. All the folders are dated either 4/16/08 or 4/17/08. If you check the version of the setup.exe on the CD you see version number 11.0.0.8101 and dated 4/17/08.
    I also will attach(if I can) a screenshot of my CD folder in .JPG.

You can imagine as a newbie I was surprised to go out into these forums and the Acronis website, and all I can see is talk of build 8053 with NO mention of 8101. And I was left wondering what this CD was and where it came from.
    I also sent an email to Acronis support today asking them about 8101, but I am not optimistic they will reply.

If any of you know any "tricks" to get faster replies from Acronis, please advise.

I do have a couple questions:
    1. now I have ATI v11 installed on 2 PCs. Build 8053 on 1, and Build 8101 on another. Is this a problem? Would each be compatible with each other's backups?
    2. Each of my ATI installs is licensed and has been registered with ATI. Would there be any problem installing the 8101 over top of my 8053 install, so that I have same version on each PC? Will it keep it's old license key, even though the newer version is installed on top of it?

Thanks,
    --RJ

Attached Files:

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Build 8101 is supposed to be a German only release. Perhaps it passed the German beta testers tests and was released in English. But I'm surprised Newegg already has it.

5. laserfan

Well RJ, it is possible I suppose that your "newer Build" is simply that, i.e. that something very minor has changed that doesn't warrant a general release--something purely cosmetic for example, or say a tweak to the license verbiage, something obscure like that which doesn't affect functionality in any way. Is there anything in the 8101 CD or installation that shows a changelog?

I'd install 8101 over the 8053 installation. Should be no trouble, including no need to re-enter registration (though you do have it if you need it). Not sure what you asked Acronis but I wouldn't hold my breath if it's about "what's different w/8101".

Please let us know how your new software works-out for you.

6. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

Just purchased another license via a newegg boxed CD myself last week, but I have yet to take the CD off its spindle, as I already have 8053 downloaded. I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Doug

7. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Something very strange here. The current German build is 8105.

8. robertkjjj

Laserfan, I did a recursive search on the 8101 CD and I got to say there's not a heck a lot of files on it, and extremly few that are "English" or viewable.
    No sign of any changelog or info like that.
    Are there normally any changelog files issued with ATI? If so, what is name of file I should be looking for? Almost all the files I see are binaries, exe, etc.
    Thanks,
    RJ

9. laserfan

It is NOT typical for Acronis to include a changelog. Your best shot at finding anything is to install it and search for *.txt. But you'll prolly only find a readme that is boilerplate...

10. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

No, my new disk from newegg is build 8053, and the date on all the root folders is Nov 7, 2007.

Doug

11. robertkjjj

Acronis FINALLY got back to my 10-14-day old request with this answer:
    "The latest official build of Acronis True Image 11 Home is 8053. 8101 is the latest not released build of Acronis True Image 11 Home, you can't download this build from our web site. Sooner or later this or later build will be officially released and will be able for download on our web site.

Unfortunately I don't have right to tell what was added to build 8101, all I can tell that all latest builds include numerous fixes, more drivers added into bootable media and have overall stability improvements. But as I have already said 8101 is not officially released build, so we can't guarantee that it will work properly.

We recommend you to use build 8053."

My question now: since the CD from Newegg has 8101 on it, and I installed that build, how do I then install 8053 on TOP of that?
    Also, I'm concerned I already registered that 8101 on the Acronis website with the license key that came with it; I don't want to "lose" my licensing by just d-loading an older version and installing it. And, when I install this different older version, will I keep my "tasks" already created, or will those go away?
    Thanks!

12. DwnNdrty

Robertkjjj, have you put that 8101 build through its paces? If it does what you want, then don't bother with 8053.

13. SandC

SandC Registered Member

I got the 8101 build from tech support and it fixed my problem of not being able to boot up from the recovery disks. i was told it had updated Linux drivers. Worked for me!

14. bledd

bledd Registered Member

acronis, just release 8101BETA for us registered users on the website, with BETA written in big red letters

it's that simple :eek:

15. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Hi, would you like to link me please ? I've some difficulties to find the page ( may be i'm a bit dummy today.... :D )

16. DwnNdrty

Get it ..... quick ... it might be better than the final release. :D :D

17. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

I also got 8101 in a retail box. It's nice to know that "beta" software is being sent to production :D

18. DwnNdrty

Nemesis, what country are you in?

19. nemesisdb

nemesisdb Registered Member

USA, ordered from frys.

20. blacknight

Well, I'm a registered user, but I can't find the beta in Acronis website.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

21. draman

draman Registered Member

Yes. I too cannot find it under registered version. I have mailed to acronis support about it.

22. DwnNdrty

We are all waiting with bated breath to hear from those who are using build 8101. Is it going to be a :thumb: or a :thumbd: .

23. laserfan

It seems to me I read somewhere here that the difference was merely that 8101 is based on the Linux 2.6 kernel and 8053 is based on 2.4, meaning 8101 might help if you're having any trouble getting the boot CD to recognize your hardware properly.

This might be wrong, but in any case I suspect there is no functional difference in the ATI operation itself. If there were any "fixes" in there wouldn't one expect Acronis to be making it available to try?

24. DwnNdrty

According to another user here it is available to registered users to try but then again two other users said they bought retail versions of it. So who knows what is going on.

25. blacknight

Yaa, I hope it's real, 'cause I have this same problem. But how obtain it ? :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.