True Image V 9

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mcuriel, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcuriel

mcuriel Registered Member

Is it possible to open and image and drop changes or additional files to an image? I get the disk is write protected.

Thx
    Mike

Its an XP image.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

No. You have to make the changes on your disk and create a new image.

3. mcuriel

You got to be kidding me how lame, Ghost allows you to do it with v8, it doesnt support ntfs yet.

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

You seem to be missing the point of what a backup image is or does. If you could modify it it would no longer be a backup of the source .

Xpilot

5. seekforever

It sure doesn't make sense to me to have an image of your valuable system and then want to get into it and fool with the contents. I can't even imagine why I would want to do that. Clean out the garbage before you make the copy and if you want to add more files to the archive, do an incremental backup if you don't want to do the whole thing.

6. mcuriel

I am looking at it for deployment of systems and might need to upload a revised file to a program we support and if I had an image I would then be able to open the image and drop a newer build of a file or exe to the image and save it without restoring and image and creating it, seems sensless in my scenario when I have 90+ images that could change everyweek.
    For your so called backup needs thats different but this isnt the same.
    Now you can imagine why other people might need a different solution then yours. Your scenario doesnt apply to all of us. Geeze Your answer seemed to be alittle abrupt so there ya go.

7. seekforever

Yes, I should have found out what it was you were trying to do rather than jump to a conclusion.

Are you sure Ghost lets you modify images, my experience with it some time ago didn't?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mcuriel,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

seekforever is quite correct, since none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions allows you to edit the already created image archive.

However, you still can "update" your image with the changes made on your hard drive by creating a consequent incremental or differential images. Please read more in section 1.4 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the above mentioned User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ page helpful.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. mcuriel

yes we are using version 8, but does not work with ntfs. Our 98 images works well with ghost but we wanted to move to acronis since we use it for our servers.

thx though

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.