True Image screws up all files larger than a few KB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NoNameNeeded, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoNameNeeded

NoNameNeeded Registered Member

That's the problem...

When I browse a compressed *.tib file all files larger than a few KB are corrupt and therefore useless.

As it seems you have to completely restore the partition to get back your files, so I wonder why they offer the option to just browse thru your *.tib files when all the files are broken....

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What version of TI are you using? If it is version8, is it Build 937? If not get it. Report what you find with the latest build.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NoNameNeeded,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I would agree with John. First of all, you should make sure that you use the latest build of Acronis True Image (937 for version 8.0 and 2302 for version 9.0) which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the problem still persists after installing the update then please describe the issue in more words.

Where do you store your images?

What operating system you use?

Have you received any error messages? What exact messages?

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. NoNameNeeded

NoNameNeeded Registered Member

I have version 8.0 1.143
    I know that this is not the latest build but as the latest build is somehow screwed up (I couldn't enter my serial number in the installation process and therefore I couldn't start the program after installing. It is obviously a known bug, but nevertheless this buggy version is still available for download) I was advised to use this version 1.143

At first I thought this problem might have something to do with the fact that some of my images consist of more than one *.tib file, but today I tried to restore some files of an image that only consisted of one *.tib file and I ran into the same problem.

There also is no 937 build, the newest build I can find is the Build-Nr.1197, but that's the buggy one where you can't type in your serial number.

BTW: I have True Image Corporate Workstation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.