True Image on Windows 2003 SP1 cluster with fibre channel SAN disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Mste, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mste

Mste Registered Member

Hi,

When using True Image Windows server om our Microsoft Windows 2003 SP1 cluster only the local SCSI drives are available for imaging.
    The SAN drives with the cluster resources cannot be selected (they don't even show up in the "Select partitions for imaging screen).

Is the expected behaviour of True Image 8.0 (trial version).

In Windows 2003 the SAN disks shows up as "basic disk".
    A difference with the C: drive is that the C: drives shows up as "Compaq Disk Array SCSI device" where the SAN disk shows up as "Compaq Secure Path Disk".

The SAN is a fully redundant HSG80 SAN from Compaq (that's why the Secure Path software is used).

My question: does True Image support this configuration and should i be able to image the SAN drives ? What might be wrong ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mste,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image (server versions only!) can not back up the virtual server itself but Acronis True Image can back up and restore physical nodes as usual Windows servers. If the iSCSI/fiber disk is managed by the node that is backed up then Acronis True Image is able to back up this disk. In the case that this disk is offline Acronis True Image will not find it and will not back this disk up.

In such a way Acronis True Image (server versions only!) can back up nodes and virtual storage resources without any problems and there is no need to do any additional steps to back up a node within the cluster.

If that's not the case then please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem.

Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages?

Provide me with the more detailed information on your clustered environment structure.

Find the full version name and build number as it is shown here and let me know them.

Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.