True Image Home Upgrade problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JNB, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JNB

JNB Registered Member

I still cannot bielive it. I have upgraded True Image 10 to 11 (home). This installation has just disabled all my security applications: Zone Alarm, Avast and even the Parental Control. Impossible to restart them at start-up. I had to restore my system to a previous state (and remmove TI 11) to get the firewall and antivirus activated. How is it possible, and how to fix it. Thansk

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I would disable all those other progs and all services other than windows services using msconfg.exe -- in msconfg you can click the services tab, tell it to hide all ms services, then disable everything remaining; disable all on the startup tab.

, then reboot and install ATI, then use msconfig to renable all the other progs and reboot again.

You will probably have to go into ZA and make the ATI exe's allowed.

3. JNB

JNB Registered Member

Thanks for your assistance, but this is just unacceptable to have such deffect in an installation procedure. I'll wait for the next release, if soon, or have my money back.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello JNB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that we haven't heard about such problems with installing Acronis True Image 11 Home and so we would like to investigate this one with your assistance, if you have time for this of course.

Please try uninstalling the current installation of Acronis True Image, rebooting your computer, clearing Windows temp folders, and installing Acronis True Image 11 Home again. If that doesn't solve the problem, please try performing the same with security applications temporarily disabled (either via their own settings, or the way shieber suggested).

If the issue persists, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post before and after installation of Acronis True Image 11 Home.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. shieber

Well, it might be ZA or Avast that's causing the prob. In any event, I find more and more progs don't install properly without msconfigging -- and many times more don't uninstal propeorly no matter what -- you have to manually scrub to really remove all traces.

6. shieber

Have you considered switching to another security program. I had so much fatal trouble with ZA 7 I gave it up altogether. Even though ZA uses a KAspersky engine and Kaspersky doesn't seem to have any major problems, ZA's implementation of Kas is a bumpy ride. Generally, it's best to exit it before installing programs, then after you start ZA, go in and mark the now program as allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.