True Image home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by charles m, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charles m

charles m Registered Member

Hi from the newbie,
    first of all hello to the community.
    I am using ACRONIS products since a few weeks only, so I am a real newbie here, looking forward for some hints and advice. Also to share some feedback&help (if I can).
    My current problem is, that Acronis true image 2009, reports a problem when running an incremental backup. It says path S:\ not found.
    As I have only ticked "my documents" to be backed up, I have no idea where this S:\ message comes from. I deleted and defined the task already, no improvement.

If I skip the message the remaining backup is working well. No problems.

In my old backup software there was a very detailed log, so I could trace down errors. I was not able to find such a detailed log in AC TI 2009.

Any help aprecciated.

thanks

charles

PS: I am running a Vista business Version on a dual core 3Mhz PC / 4GB RAM

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Welcome to the forum Charles,

One starting place might be my guides listed on line 2 of my signature below. Also, you might to review the links found inside line 1 of my signature.

As for S:\
    The program is looking for the place where the original backup was created. This might have been an external drive. If you are going to use an external drive, I suggest you use your Windows Disk Management feature and assign another drive letter farther up the alphabet. Perhaps you have cameras or flash drives etc which are usb. Assigning a special letter to the external drive should mean the same drive letter is always assigned to that drive--no matter what usb's are attached.

I don't have 2009 but you should find a log option on the main page of the program.

A disk backup is one where the disk option is checked. It is the disk type (rather than single partition backup) which will offer you the best possibilities for a restore should you need to upgrade to a new drive. A disk option backup is one that includes all partitions on the disk--both hidden & diagnostic and includes all files on the disk--except for the page file or hibernate, etc.

Many of us feel that Acronis does a really good job of being a image backup/recovery software and will enable you to move to a new/larger disk fairly easily.

Many of the forum members choose to have Acronis perform a disk backup (and incrementals or differentials) but have other programs perform additional or separate data only backup of our personal files. Lots have been written about methodology and you can do some searching.

I never use the feature of backing up only data files, etc. I only perform disk backups with incrementals.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1345806#post1345806

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Charles and GroverH,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

Charles, if you still experience the encountered issue, please submit a request to Acronis Customer Service Department here

Also I may recommend you to use our Live Chat service here in order to receive immediate support.

You can obtain the log file in the following way:

- Launch the program;
    - Tasks and logs, Log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors and make right-click on it;
    - Select save option and specify the desired location for the log file to save to;
    - Send us the log.

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.