True Image has encountered a problem and needs to close....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Whatthe?, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatthe?

Whatthe? Registered Member

I just purchased TI8 which claims to be compatible with XP. I've tried to create an image on more than 1 PC and each time I recieve this error.

Just to be sure that Nero or Norton were not the culprits I put on the OS and ran all of the critical system updates - still getting the same error message.

Has anyone out there had a chance to use TI8 and if so have you encountered the same??

I do not have any printer or burner software installed.....

2. hazy626

hazy626 Guest

Yes I have. I sent an email with this condition a week ago and have not received a response. Except for the auto-responder program that my email was received. Based on the current level of user dissatifaction, I don't expect to ever get a response.

My work around was to not use the installed version because all Windows OSs are too dynamic. TI8 can't keep track of stuff and crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled TI8 with the same results but in different points in the back up process. I boot to the TI Boot Disk and clone and image from there.

I have not restored from an image yet but I don't expect it to be successful. I will try this weekend and let you know, if you're interested.

Good Luck.

3. Whatthe?

Whatthe? Registered Member

Yes, I too rec'd the autoreply and nothing else yet. I uninstalled TI8 and reinstalled the upgraded TI6, and now I'm not getting shut down, I'm just burning coasters again - arrrrggghh - this is VERY frustrating! I will try the imaging from the boot disk and see what happens..... I'm getting scared :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.