True Image error 1.385

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Moreno, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moreno

Moreno Registered Member

While trying to create an image with True Image 8 on a XP SP2 machine an error message 1.385 ist displayed and an indication is given that the account used has insufficient rights (user is logged in with administrator rights). No image is created.

Reinstallation of True Image resolved the problem once, but a few days later the same error message comes up and again no image could be created.

Where can I find a list of True Image error messages.
    What can cause this problem.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Moreno,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

I'm afraid that there is no list of Acronis True Image error codes at the moment. However, we do have plans to implement it in the future, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

As for the problem you encounter, first of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (937) of Acronis True Image 8.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please be aware that it is recommended that you create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also note that in order to be able to perform the backup operations using Acronis True Image (either scheduled or manual) the user you are currently logged under should be a member of the Backup Operators and at least Power Users or Administrators groups. You can edit particular user permissions by following: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Users -> Right click on the User Name -> Properties.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and configuring the user's permissions then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Where do you save your image to?

- Let us know whether you perform the backup process manually or it is being launched automatically (I mean scheduled task);

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message that you receive;

- When exactly do you receive this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, try to create an image once more and see if the problem still persists. Inform us about the result.

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Moreno

Moreno Registered Member

Thanks for quick reply. I had the latest version installed. The User had administrative preveliges. There where some 50 other machines with the same setup and way of usage , all running without problems.
    Since there was no time to study the details of this particular problem I deinstalle version 8 and installed the newest version 9 home and the problem was gone.
    With respect to error codes I would assume, that these are well documented and at hand with product rollout.
    One other issue. A year or two ago I was told by your workmates that the password only protects access to the use of an image, but that the image content is not encrypted in total. For security reasons encryption of the image content would be of advantage. Can you please comment this issue.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Moreno,

Please note that Acronis True Image does not encrypt images (or data in it) when it is protected with password. The password is needed only to be able to restore and explore the image (to protect the archive from being restored by anybody except you).

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.