True Image Echo WS Problem with bootable media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Styxxx, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styxxx

Styxxx Registered Member

Good morning,

I am using TI Echo Workstation, created a bootable media and booted from that CD. Works great on a Lenovo laptop, but on a HP DC7800 Workstation, I am only able to use the "safe mode", when I use the "full version", the screen just turns black. Could you please help me with this?

Regards

Stefan

2. vit100

vit100 Registered Member

I have the same problem...
    Pls let me know if u find solution....

3. vit100

vit100 Registered Member

Ok, story is, that default bootable media has APIC enabled.. and this cause problem...
    I contacted to support via chat (i like acronis support).. and this is transcript:
    ----------------------------

You are now chatting with 'Roman'

Roman: Hello! Thank you for contacting Acronis Support Team! My name is Roman, how may I assist you?

Vit: hi, I am using TI Echo Workstation, created a bootable media and booted from that flash disk. Works great on Hewlet packard hp 7700 PC, but on a HP DC7800 Workstation, I am only able to use the "safe mode", when I use the "full version", the screen just turns black. Could you please help me with this?

Roman: Could you please tell me what build of the program you are using?

Vit: 8076

Roman: One moment Vitally, I need to check some information. Kindly hold on a moment.

Vit: ok

Roman: Thank you for waiting. Could you please create new bootable media based on ISO image below: http://download.acronis.com/sl/urbq...eWorkstation8076_na_Standard_english_last.iso

Vit: sec

Vit: will u wait?

Roman: Sure.

Vit: sec.. downloading..

Vit: burinng disk..

Roman: I am waiting, take your time.

Vit: booting...

Vit: image is bootable..

Vit: pc started. i see network..

Vit: so, i belive u will have bug fix soon.. can i use this image as temp solution?

Roman: Vit, please note that the image I provided you with has APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) disabled which may help with a particular hardware configuration.

Vit: and what?

Roman: Please use this image as a permanent solution for the particular machine.

Vit: but, will it be implemented in next build? because this time i used CD disk.. but usualy i use USB stick... so, i need to create bootable medai from acronis true echo workstation.....

Vit: what abt licence for this ISO.. i saw on your forum, that some people have same problem with HP dc 7800. can i share this ISO with them?

Roman: The ISO image I provided you with can be used for the machine your machine only.

Vit: ok. thank you.. and good luck.. hope u will include this configuration for next build od workstation...

Roman: You are welcome.

Roman: Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further questions.
    ---------------------------------------
    so, ISO that i was given fixed my problem, but i didn't get it if this will be included in next buld or not..... whatever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.