True Image Echo WS Problem with bootable media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Styxxx, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styxxx

Styxxx Registered Member

Good morning,

I am using TI Echo Workstation, created a bootable media and booted from that CD. Works great on a Lenovo laptop, but on a HP DC7800 Workstation, I am only able to use the "safe mode", when I use the "full version", the screen just turns black. Could you please help me with this?

Regards

Stefan

2. vit100

vit100 Registered Member

I have the same problem...
    Pls let me know if u find solution....

3. vit100

vit100 Registered Member

Ok, story is, that default bootable media has APIC enabled.. and this cause problem...
    I contacted to support via chat (i like acronis support).. and this is transcript:
    ----------------------------

You are now chatting with 'Roman'

Roman: Hello! Thank you for contacting Acronis Support Team! My name is Roman, how may I assist you?

Vit: hi, I am using TI Echo Workstation, created a bootable media and booted from that flash disk. Works great on Hewlet packard hp 7700 PC, but on a HP DC7800 Workstation, I am only able to use the "safe mode", when I use the "full version", the screen just turns black. Could you please help me with this?

Roman: Could you please tell me what build of the program you are using?

Vit: 8076

Roman: One moment Vitally, I need to check some information. Kindly hold on a moment.

Vit: ok

Roman: Thank you for waiting. Could you please create new bootable media based on ISO image below: http://download.acronis.com/sl/urbq...eWorkstation8076_na_Standard_english_last.iso

Vit: sec

Vit: will u wait?

Roman: Sure.

Vit: sec.. downloading..

Vit: burinng disk..

Roman: I am waiting, take your time.

Vit: booting...

Vit: image is bootable..

Vit: pc started. i see network..

Vit: so, i belive u will have bug fix soon.. can i use this image as temp solution?

Roman: Vit, please note that the image I provided you with has APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller) disabled which may help with a particular hardware configuration.

Vit: and what?

Roman: Please use this image as a permanent solution for the particular machine.

Vit: but, will it be implemented in next build? because this time i used CD disk.. but usualy i use USB stick... so, i need to create bootable medai from acronis true echo workstation.....

Vit: what abt licence for this ISO.. i saw on your forum, that some people have same problem with HP dc 7800. can i share this ISO with them?

Roman: The ISO image I provided you with can be used for the machine your machine only.

Vit: ok. thank you.. and good luck.. hope u will include this configuration for next build od workstation...

Roman: You are welcome.

Roman: Thank you for visiting. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have further questions.
    ---------------------------------------
    so, ISO that i was given fixed my problem, but i didn't get it if this will be included in next buld or not..... whatever...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.