True Image desktop icon turns generic

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rpietsek, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpietsek

rpietsek Registered Member

I have True Image 11 and Vista on Laptop. Installed True Image 11 - works well. THe desktop icon change to a generic icon. I rt. clicked on the true image program in the program files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImage.exe and sent the icon to the dekstop. Still a generic icon. Restored the computer to factory fresh. Re-installed True Image. After a few minutes or so, the icon changed to generic again. Like I said, the program works fine.
    Why did this happen and how can I fix it?
    Thanks to all who try and help me.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

rpietsek:

I noticed this behavior also. It does not occur on XP but does on Vista. I tried several things to fix it but they all failed, so I tried an alternative approach. Right-click on the icon and choose "Properties". On the "Shortcut" tab, click on "Change Icon". For some reason the program doesn't like the normal TI icon, so click on "Browse" and navigate to %ProgramFiles%\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe and choose one of the icons from the True Image Monitor application. These icons seem to "stick" and not revert to the generic icon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.