True image dependencies

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by phantom_otw, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantom_otw

phantom_otw Guest

Hey..
    I am currently slimming down my XP by removing uneccessary services and components and would like to know which windows components Acronis needs in order to function 100%.
    Having removed alot, I found that I could not create rescue medias.... so specifically which windows components is rescue media creation (and all of true image) dependant on?

Thanks in advance

2. phantom_otw

phantom_otw Guest

Using dependencywalker I discover that mediabuilder.exe is dependant on "MSJAVA.DLL" and "MSOERT2.DLL".

First one is part of Micrsoft Virtual Machine which I disabled - using Syn Java instead!!!

Second is part of Outlook Express which I also disabled - using Thunderbird as mail client!

I find it rather lame the meduiabuilder.exe is dependant on an Outlook expressfile and also that it cannot use Sun jave module instead of Microsofts old VM :(

Would love to see these issues addressed so that people, like myself, who are not die-hard fan of ALL Microsoft products/default windows installs can use Acronis to create rescue medias

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.