True Image cannot find source path

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by walt, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. walt

walt Registered Member

(Sorry for bad translation from German). When I try to start a task manually I often get the error messages:
    E00640065 The source path cannot be fount. The path information for the source is invalid. Please edit the task.
    E00640066 The script file of the tast is corrupted. Create a new task.

Why does this happen so often and what can I do about it?

Walt Gallus

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Walt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Could you please clarify whether this error appears when you set up the task or when you launch the scheduled task manually?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. bcronin

bcronin Registered Member

I have symptoms similar to this with build 930 of Corporate Desktop/Agent.

There are two problems.

(1) From a local computer I use the management console to install the agent on a remote computer. I choose "browse" to select the computer to install it on. All the computers on the network show up when I click "browse" and I am able to successfully choose the target system and install the Agent. I allowed the agent to reboot the remote machine, and indeed, it did reboot it immediately after the agent was installed. After the remote machine rebooted, I tried to use the agent to connect to the computer to schedule a daily incremental backup job. When I chose "connect to another computer" and tried to use "browse" to select the computer I had just installed the agent on, no computers showed up. I suspect this was some sort of master browser issue, because it eventually went away all by itself (i.e. some time "later", the remote computer just appeared out of nowhere), but I don't understand why all the computers showed up OK when I first went to install the agent, and then failed to after I had installed the agent.

(2) Once I had the agent working on the remote machine, I tried to schedule a daily backup that would write its output to a Snap Appliance 1100 (with SnapOS 4.0) thats on my network. I had previously created a new directory on the Snap to save the images in. When I tried to point the agent at the path, I got the same sort of error message the person who opened this thread got (e.g. it complained that the target path did not exist or had an invalid format). I used the UNC name for the directory (e.g. \\snap\admin\computername\computername.tib) and had set the userid and password to use to connect to the server to the Administrator id/pw for the Snap. I was eventually able to get around this by connecting to the remote computer with remote desktop and browsing to the target directory on the Snap server. Once I had done that, THEN the agent could magicaly see the target path (and I was able to save the schedule). Then I logged out of remote desktop and tried to actually run the schedule to initiate my first backup. When I told the agent to start the schedule, I got the error again and was told that the schedule was corrupt and that I needed to edit it. Sure enough, when I went back in to try to point the schedule at the target path, I again got the error saying it did not exist or was in a bad format. So, I did the remote desktop thing again, browsed to the directory in question and then was able to get the backup going (i.e. the agent could again see the target directory).

All in all I am not too happy with this, I need to be able to run these backups daily in the wee hours of the morning (i.e. unattended). I can't keep having to fix these corrupt-schedules-that-aren't-really-corrupt to get the jobs to run.

Ideas welcome ...

Bob Cronin

4. walt

walt Registered Member

"First of all, please make sure you use the latest build"

I have build 791

"Could you please clarify whether this error appears when you set up the task or when you launch the scheduled task manually?"

I always setup my tasks to be launches manually and the error happens when I try to launch the task manually.

Walt

5. Acronis Support

Hello Walt and bcronin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/products/).

Please create the screenshots of all your actions and the error and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. It will allow us to investigate the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Steivan

Steivan Registered Member

Hello

Since last weekend I have the same problem. If I want to edit a scheduled task, I get always the same message:

E00640065 The source path cannot be fount. The path information for the source is invalid. Please edit the task.
    E00640066 The script file of the tast is corrupted. Create a new task.

I have create a daily image from the server onto a USB drive.

Is there a solution?

Steivan

7. Acronis Support

Hello Steivan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the most probable reason for the problem you encounter is that your USB hard drive is disconnected or powered off at the moment you try to edit your scheduled task.

If that's the case then please note that this problem is known and will be fixed in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet. To overcome this issue, please keep your USB hard drive connected while editing the scheduled task. Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Please also note that if you do not have the access to your USB hard drive for some reason (e.g. it got lost or stolen) then you can always delete the scheduled tasks this USB hard drive was involved to using the procedure described in this previous post of mine.

If my assumption is not correct then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- What exact version and build number of Acronis True Image you use?

You can find out by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Could you please also do the following?

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.