True Image and Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by vincenzo, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vincenzo

vincenzo Registered Member

About a year ago I tried ATI with Vista and encountered enough issues, which were discussed in detail on this forum, that I decided to go with Norton Ghost instead. Lately there have been problems uncovered with Ghost, so I am considering buying True Image again.

Has Acronis worked out enough of the bugs so that TI is reliable with Vista?

Thanks

2. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

The only developments in that time have been that V11 has gone from build 8053 to 8101, but doesn't seem to have fixed very much in the process, and recently they made ATI 2009 beta available as a public download, which I guess is a clear signal that V11 isn't going to be fixed at all. So Build 8101 is about your only hope - and it's possible your problems have been fixed by it.

Having said that, I have found V11 works fine for me with Vista as long as I use a VistaPE for restores.

3. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The bootable Rescue CD for version 9 build 3677 works for Vista (Backups and Restores).

4. vincenzo

Thanks for the replies. After reading your comments, I looked through some more posts here too, and saw a fair amount of problems.

I think I will then wait til the next version comes out of beta.

I need an imaging program that I can install on numerous machines, and feel confident it will work. I cannot test each one to see if there are bugs with that particular machine configuration.

Thanks

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You might be hard pressed then to find something. Any of them should be tested, especially the restore feature as most of them use linux for the OS for restoring and whether any particular instance of linux has the appropriate drivers for your hardware is something only testing will tell you. One firm does use VistaPE for it's BootCd enivronment and then you can be confident that you can take adavantage of any Win vista drivers that will work -- presumably drivers already on your PC.

6. vincenzo

I generally have the image stored on a partition on the hard drive. So I thought the only drivers needed would be for the CD/DVD drive and the hard drive, which are in the firmware. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.