True Image 9 very slow analyzing disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ozlingula, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozlingula

ozlingula Registered Member

I have just installed Acronis TI 9 (build 3854) on a new Lanovo notebook R61i, 2GB ram, 160 Gb hard drive partitioned into 3 logical drives, and running XP Pro SP3.

The problem is when I run the installed version of Acronis TI from the hard drive it takes about 10 minutes to analyze the available drives, *BUT* when I run the program from a bootable CD (created with the installed copy of Acronis TI on the same machine), it analyzes the hard drives in about a second or two.

Similarly, when I ran Acronis TI on my old desktop machine running all the same software (anti-virus, firewall, spyware, applications, etc), it also analyzed all hard drives (five of them), in one or two seconds.

What is happening on this new machine when it is running the full version of XP-Pro SP3??

Any suggestions o_O?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you sure that TrI 9 is seeing your new notebooks hard drives? TI 9 is not great with SATA drives which I'm sure your Lenovo has. The TI 9 Recovery CD may not be seeing the hard drive at all. In that case, it will appear to process the drives extremely rapidly.

3. ozlingula

Hi John,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes!! I am sure the CD version of TrI 9 is seeing all available drives. A short while ago, while doing some testing, I created a full backup of one of the partitions on the new machine. It worked OK.

I am attaching a photo of the screen (I hope) - since I cannot do a screen dump while running the CD version of TrI 9.

DSC01871-s.jpg

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

ozlingula:

The problem of being slow to analyze partitions is often caused by the Windows Distributed Link Tracking Client service. It seems to have affected more people post-SP3 (on XP) and post-SP1 (on Vista). If you disable the service then it may go away. Here is some further information.

5. ozlingula

Hi Mark,

that did the trick. It fixed the analysis time problem, and a second problem that I did not mention. Previously (yesterday), when I tried to exit Acronis TrI on my new computer it would take over 20 minutes to actually close. Now it is instantaneous, as it should be.

Thanks very much for the help,

Chris

6. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Chris:

Excellent! Glad to hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.