True Image 9 Boot-CD + Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by celer, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. celer

celer Registered Member

Hello,
    does anybody know if it´s possible to use a Boot-CD created with the latest version of True Image 9(!) to backup / restore an NTFS partition on which Windows Vista is installed? AFAIK it is not possible to install True Image 9 on Vista but as I don´t need any further features than backup / restore and wanted to avoid buying the upgrade to True Image 10 this information would help me very much.

Thanks for your help!

Greetings
    celer

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello celer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please have a look at this previous post of mine that should answer your question. The above mentioned post describes behavior of the versions of Acronis True Image prior to Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. celer

celer Registered Member

Hi,
    Thank you very much for your assistance.
    I have already tried out to use the True Image 9 Boot-CD to backup/restore Vista but this does definitively not work as the NTFS partition on which Vista is installed is not recogniced. I found the information in some forums that TI 9 would cause a blue screen when trying to install it on Vista so I did not even try it.

Anyway... I have already purchased the upgrade to TI 10 Home and so far the backup of my Vista partition using the TI 10 Boot-CD worked fine.

Greetings
    celer

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.