True Image 9 and Vista?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sbier, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbier

sbier Registered Member

Will True Image 9 work okay under/with Windows Vista?

2. mustang

mustang Developer

That seems to be the $64 question. Or, maybe the $32 question depending on your processor.:D You should make an image of the system using the Rescue CD before installing TI in Vista. Imaging and restoring from the CD seem to be proven successful. Maybe even clone your drive to a spare drive (and test it) if you really want to be safe.

If you do install it, you should stay away from using the Startup Recovery Manager. The booting process of Vista is quite different from XP's. I wouldn't even trust using a secure zone. Give it a try and see how it works. Then let us know.

3. Jumping

Jumping Registered Member

Do not I repeat DO NOT! Install 9.1 under Vista. I did and had my first experience of the Vista repair (which was pretty good..) but it totally stoped vista from starting up.

You can install the management console ok under vista, it seems to work fine but ES killed Vista.

As far as backing up Vista I would assume that it will work as the filesystem isnt different, not sure about the bootmanager. Guess we will know for sure when some one tries it out :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.