True Image 9.1 server restore not working....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jerry2000, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry2000

jerry2000 Registered Member

And I can not figure it out why, because I use it on remote server which I can not see in DOS/Linux before Windows boot :-(

I set up restore from image in Windows and then it reboots and nothing happens as far as I see, but I don't see the Linux window. Is it supposed to restore automatically or are there any requesters that needs answer? I can remote hard reboot and my machine is back then, but I see after 30 minutes the restore was not done, so something is stopping it...

The Sata drives I haave on remote computer are on the SIS 965 South Bridge if maybe there are not drivers for them in the Boot environment.

Anbody can help me restore? Is there any low level log I cann see what went wrong in boot environment?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jerry2000,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows does not allow you to keep connection with the remote server which you wish to back up/restore, because some operations require reboot. After reboot server does not start particular processes which will allow you to keep a network connection and remotely manage the server. Please be aware that Acronis True Image boots into Linux environment which requires you direct presence to accomplish the task. If you perform a hard reboot then the backup/restore process stays unfinished. This is definitely not an error of the program and the logs are unusable in this case.

We can suggest you to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server in order to stay in connection with the remote server during the backup process. This product has many useful features for the purposes you have desribed.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise server for Windows to see how the software works for you.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jerry2000

jerry2000 Registered Member

Hm, so the backup process needs the user interaction on reboot (small Linux codde that you execute)? I thought there is no intervention needed as I already told Windows what to restore and where :-( That is of course reason why it is not working, yes... I don't have a pre-Windows connection to my server (I have only a remote connection to my leased server in Data center).

So you think Enterprise Server would make the restore possible in my configuration?

Jerry

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jerry,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Yes, using Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server you will be able to perform you scenario.

We recommend you to find the detailed information on how to achive your goals in Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.