True Image 8 - No More Updates

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Oct 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

True Image 8

I Use True Image 8.0.937 Which Does Not Support This Mouse

My Mouse Is A PS/2 Mouse - Compaq M850 Connected To A Compaq Presario 7000T

It May Be Useful To Sumit What Model Of PS/2 Mice Work And What Model Do Not Work With The PS/2 Connection Using True Image 8.0.937

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  2. mildewman

mildewman Guest

I have lightly used TI 8 build 937 (new user as of about a month ago) and the PS2 mouse seemed to work fine in the rescue console.... Was this a common problem? Or am I just lucky?

3. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Using the latest version of 8 and my mouse is PS/2 and works under all the enviroments.

...Allen

4. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Maybe it is for a PS2 mouse attached to a laptop? Do the two previous posters have laptops or desktops?

5. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Well My desktop has a real PS/2 port. I have been using TI 8 for over 6 months ( Ex Ghost user ), and never had a PS/2 mouse problem. My current mouse is a Microsoft trackball, its USB but I have one of those adaptors to conver USB to PS/2 - It has worked flawlessly. On my laptop I also have another Microsoft Trackball, Its USB and is attached to a USB HUB, and guess what, TI 8 837 finds it and it works OK. It must be the type of pointing devices. I was at Frys Electronics the other day and noticed there must be 500 different pointing device MFG's. Don't know what the standards are for these guys, but support could be a nightmare.

Storage_man

6. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I have a homebuilt desktop (Intel motherboard), with a Logitech USB mouse plugged into a PS/2 converter and it has worked with versions 7, 8, and 9 of Acronis.

7. mildewman

mildewman Guest

My PS2 mouse (OLD.... Logitech FirstMouse+ - wife got it for me when the things were like $40... couldn't get rid of it sue to sentimental value, and it is a nice mouse....)is on a desktop system and it works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.