TRUE Image 8/9 Issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Floppy, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floppy

Floppy Registered Member

Hello everyone...

my rig: XP PRO Sp2 all updates Abit AN7 bios 19 2GB DDR 400mHz Athlon Xp 3200+ 400mHz Maxtor IDE HDD's 80GB and 160GB

I have been using the True Image 8 and always update to latest versions now that is build 937... I do a lot of testing for software and hardware and this TI software was my choice for backing up just in case.

With my TI8 I created various b/u and have used it without too many problems now the TI9 build 2302 came out I downloaded the trial and was obviously looking to see what advances/diferences and compatibility with my previous TI8 b/u images in case I decided to upgrade...

I then proceeded to restore a TI8 b/u with TI9 which went very well except now all my backups are unreadable by TI8... If I try to mount the images (any of then) it says empty, if I try to restore it says empty (on last screen) the files have a 1.15 GB size and 907 MB respectively. and were used previously by TI8 with no problems...

I have imaged another backup since then and it is fine but those other ones I mention and need are in 'LIMBO' I have contacted acronis support and have submited screen shots of everything but the kitchen sink (I think they will ask for that soon) I have also submited a report created by acronis reporting utility.

It has been a day short of a week and Acronis have not yet resolved/suggested any fix or anything...

I have since then reeinstalled XP and images still in 'LIMBO' I have reeistalled the trial and the Images work but this time I used TI8 to try and restore the Images but again no joy...

Has TI9 made this images compatible with it's code thus making them unreadable under TI8? (I find that quite impossible) I have tried separating the images, I have tried just about everything but I definetly wont be forced to upgrade like that...

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  2. Floppy

Floppy Registered Member

I got a reply again from Acronis:

Did I miss something.... This guy he's a new support person or has no idea of what I said all along...

It's discusting that after a week of sending them all information required the only thing they say is totally irrelevant..

I am so pived right now I will uninstall all acronis software since it's now became totally useless to me.... I will use a proper backup software from now on....

if your reading this get your act together....

seriously... dont treat me like a child and suggest I dont know that My own backups work or not.... They did until that stupid medownloaded and installed TI9... they worked fine untill then....

This reply makes me sick, ACRONIS, sick you ear?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Floppy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

According to your correspondence with Acronis Customer Service Department Engineer the issue has been forwarded to our Development Team.

We should investigate the problem and provide you with a possible workaround.
    Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Last edited: Dec 7, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.