True Image 8.0 - scheduling bug?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anna_c_martin@tisc, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anna_c_martin@tisc

anna_c_martin@tisc Registered Member

Anyone notice a problem scheduling backups with TI 8.0 - I can't get TI 8.0 to remember passwords. I key in the correct password but when I return it only has the first "blob" and gives a warning - The login information is not correct - do you want to proceed.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Well, I just tested it (for you) and it did work. Check to be sure your CAPS LOCK key is not turned on. This or a typo are almost always the problem.

3. anna_c_martin@tisc

Good to know it works for you. Actually I'm sure its a bug - I tested this multiple times. I can enter my password fine (this is the user login bit) its only when I come out of the task and then return that I have the issue. Anyway no problem I used Roxio Go Back (what a marvellous utility) to go back to TI7 build 627 now I'm happy again. I think I'll stay with TI7 for now.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Ah, yes. Going back is the bug! I should have read more carefully. Well, at least the scheduled task runs properly for me. So the workaround is not to go back, as I did not.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  5. anna_c_martin@tisc

One thing I noticed was when I used the set up program to go to TI7.0 that now I had this bug in TI7 so I hadn't fully got rid of TI8 - that why I used Roxio Go Back. However I didn't uninstall and then re-install I just did an "update" back to TI7 (627).

6. test

test Guest

same problem here

7. anna_c_martin@tisc

I also noticed that when you re-edit a task it sometimes (but not always?) says the task is corrupted. As I need confidence in scheduling I went back to TI 7 - 627.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.