True Image 8.0 - scheduling bug?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by anna_c_martin@tisc, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anna_c_martin@tisc

anna_c_martin@tisc Registered Member

Anyone notice a problem scheduling backups with TI 8.0 - I can't get TI 8.0 to remember passwords. I key in the correct password but when I return it only has the first "blob" and gives a warning - The login information is not correct - do you want to proceed.

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Well, I just tested it (for you) and it did work. Check to be sure your CAPS LOCK key is not turned on. This or a typo are almost always the problem.

3. anna_c_martin@tisc

Good to know it works for you. Actually I'm sure its a bug - I tested this multiple times. I can enter my password fine (this is the user login bit) its only when I come out of the task and then return that I have the issue. Anyway no problem I used Roxio Go Back (what a marvellous utility) to go back to TI7 build 627 now I'm happy again. I think I'll stay with TI7 for now.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Ah, yes. Going back is the bug! I should have read more carefully. Well, at least the scheduled task runs properly for me. So the workaround is not to go back, as I did not.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  5. anna_c_martin@tisc

One thing I noticed was when I used the set up program to go to TI7.0 that now I had this bug in TI7 so I hadn't fully got rid of TI8 - that why I used Roxio Go Back. However I didn't uninstall and then re-install I just did an "update" back to TI7 (627).

6. test

test Guest

same problem here

7. anna_c_martin@tisc

I also noticed that when you re-edit a task it sometimes (but not always?) says the task is corrupted. As I need confidence in scheduling I went back to TI 7 - 627.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.