True Image 8.0.937 - PS/2 Mouse

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jbmoar, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

True Image 8.0.937 - PS/2 Mouse Detection Solution

I Have Found A Workaround To Get Any User That Is Using True Image 8 With The latest Build 937 And Can Not Get Your PS/2 Standard Mouse To Work Using The Rescue CD , This workaround Seems to Do Something so your mouse is detected, Maybe Acronis Will Fix This Problem So It will be Available to the general Public Updates Page As They have Sent Me A Special ISO For this problem but I Don't like having to ask acronis every time A New build comes out to send me A New ISO File, would be nice if they could finish Off True Image 8 with support To Everyone for PS/2 Mice or fix what ever this problem is as they have told me the problem is, The Rescue CD Doesn't have enough time to properly detect my PS/2 Mouse, is something that should be quite easy to fix and release with A New general Public Build

The Workaround I Found Is:

Boot Using The Rescue CD - 8.0.937

When see the Acronis Loader (1st Page) Press F11

Remove The Quiet Word So Box Is Empty

Now When the cursor stops detecting everything,

Type The Word (Product)

This Procedure Helps with a workaround to detect my mouse

When finished creating or restoring, exit as always

press ctrl+alt+del to reboot or exit

now exit again and it will reboot

seems complicated but not too much but hopefully and should be done, acronis needs to finish the last realease with this fixed, I Can send my case # if needed to know what the problem was

The Newest Build Of disk director suite 9 (554) has this exact same problem

True Image 7.0.638 does not have this issue, this problem is only in version 8,which should be fixed

Brett Moar

Last edited: Oct 12, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brett,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which can be found in the subject of the letters that you received from Acronis Support Team via e-mail? I'll take a look at the correspondence and forward this information to the appropriate person.

By the way, if you have any further experience to share, please feel free to post it on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. mark7

mark7 Registered Member

For a PS/2 mouse, you might try to plug it into the USB port using a PS/2 to USB mouse adapter. If you go this route, be sure it is an adapter for PS/2 MOUSE to USB, not PS/2 KBD to USB. "Generic" adapters are available if you don't have one. If you have an older system, you may have to go into the BIOS and turn on "Support for Legacy USB"

4. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

Hello Acronis As Requested, Request #228769 ..Their Are many e-mails going way back bit this request # was able to find why My mouse was not detected so A Updated Build For True Image 8 And Disk Director Suite Should be made available as your currrent builds do not fully support PS/2 Mice

Disk director Suite Has the exact same problem so is why this case is for both

I Gave up asking for A New ISO File as is very time consuming having to go through the routine again for your developers

A Fix should be masde available for the general public update page for your final Build

Thank yOu

5. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

PS/2 Adapters do help detect The Mice As Mark7 But Are A Bit jumpy, not as smooth as A Direct connection which I Have tested but maybe some of the higher end adpters work better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.