True Image 2009 - two PCs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mogulman, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mogulman

mogulman Registered Member

I have 2 computers in my room. A laptop and a desktop. If I purchase Acronis True Image 2009, do I need to purchase 2 copies?

If that is true, then if I purchased one copy, could I uninstall it from the first PC and use it to make a backup of the 2nd PC?

If I can use it multiple PCs that I own in my house, is there a limit? Can I use it on my wife's PC?

2. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

For the home version of the program, a license is needed for each PC.

In my own words: If you are maintaining a backup of any portion of the data associated with a PC (generally with the intent that it may be restored back to that PC, as opposed to a one-time transfer of the data to a new PC), then it doesn't matter if the program is not installed on that PC, it is still being used for that PC.

Doug

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mogulman,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

According to Acronis software licensing policy, you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per each machine it will be used with.

You can uninstall the license from one computer and then install it to another. The thing is that you can’t use one license on several computers simultaneously.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.