True Image 11 Vs. Master Image Creator

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bo Stone, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bo Stone

Bo Stone Registered Member

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the following disk imaging products:

Acronis True Image 11 Home
    and
    Acronis Master Image Creator (included in Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 Server)

Does the latter have better features, especially with RAID and Win2003 support?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bo Stone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that Acronis True Image family and Acronis Snap Deploy family products serve different purposes.

The main purpose of Acronis True Image family products is data protection, disaster recovery and system migration.

The main purpose of Acronis Snap Deploy family products is simultaneous deployments of multiple systems with customization of each system for easy integration to network structure.

You can find more details on the respective pages of our official website.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 11 Home does not support server operating systems (such as Windows 2003). Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 Server does support server operating systems (you can find full list in the respective User's Guide). It also provides hardware independent deployment capability via Acronis Universal Deploy component (please notice that Acronis Universal Deploy is an add-on and has to be purchased separately).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Bo Stone

Hey Thanks Marat

But, trust me, I've spent a lot of time reading and looking at the Actronis website. That's why I'm asking the question here!

I have a number of PCs but one of them is a Win2003. As I understand the Acronis Home 11 cannot be installed on this system. This is similar to the "home" version of Symantec Ghost, so maybe that's not too surprising.
    But I would like to make a back-up copy of the disk - the question is how.

I know that Symantec Ghost Solution Suite includes a version of Ghost that not only supports more RAID controllers but can also be installed on server OSs, such as Win2003. It also includes features that help deploy to bare metal PCs. This might be useful for me. If I ever restore a Win2003 image it will probably be on different hardware.

So my question for Acronis is: Is the Acronis Acronis Snap Deploy 2.0 Server analogous to the Ghost Solution Suite?

I don't mind paying extra - even for extra features I don't use - as long as I get a product that works with out hours of fiddling around.

Thanks

4. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

If your 2003 system is using dynamic disks then you need to purchase the corporate versions of TI - without checking, I think Echo Workstation won't work as 2003 is server OS, however the server versions of Echo will work with dynamic disks.

colin

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bo Stone,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Acronis Snap Deploy is indeed somewhat similar to Ghost Solution Suit.

For single server backup solution we may recommend you Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows. It is mostly the same as Acronis True Image Home, but supports server operating systems with all their specifics instead. It also has an option of adding Acronis Universal Restore for different hardware restoration.

You can find detailed descriptions and instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

Please also be aware that the trial version of Acronis Universal Restore is not available on Acronis web site. In order to obtain the trial version of Acronis Universal Restore please contact Acronis Support Team. Explain your wish to obtain the free trial version of Acronis Universal Restore and provide your personal information (full name; phone number along with the area code; company name, if any) along with the link to this thread. We'll provide you with the free trial version of Acronis Universal Restore as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Bo Stone

I guess I didn't write the question very well.

I did read the marketing blurb, and even some of the User Guides, on the Acronis website before asking this question. But the devil is always in the detail unfortunately. So what I was trying to find out was if Acronis had an enterprise version of True Image that was more....."reliable" , or worked with more hardware, especially with SATA RAID etc. I also wanted to restore an image to different hardware.

But I have to be honest I've pretty much given up with Acronis.
    I'm trying out StorageCraft ShadowProtect.

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Yes it does; even the "marketing blurbs" reveal that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.