True Image 11 Home : SATA disks not detected

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pashmak, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pashmak

pashmak Registered Member

Hello

I recently changed my computer and surprisingly, True Image Home 11 (last build) could not detect the Sata disks anymore.

(motherboard : Asus P5Q-E, bios updated)

I found the solution : I changed in the BIOS the storage configuration as AHCI

:D

regards

2. GunBee

GunBee Registered Member

Thanks for posting "pashmak" !

I recently upgraded my motherboard to the ASUS P5 as well and faced *exactly* the same issue as you described : Acronis True Image 11 (latest build) could NOT detect any of my SATA drives.

Changing the ASUS BIOS option : Storage Configuration to AHCI solved the issue!

The only additional info I'd like to share : make sure to check KB-article : 922976. Otherwise your Vista OS might BSOD during boot, after changing the Storage Configuration to AHCI.

Thanks again for sharing and kind regards,
    GunBee.

3. pashmak

pashmak Registered Member

thanks.

I also forgot one time to change back AHCI to IDE Enhanced after an image restore and my windows XP was continuosly rebooting alone. nice ! o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.