True Image 11 Home Blank Screen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve38, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve38

Steve38 Registered Member

I am running windows XP. I want to clone my hard drive to an external drive for disaster recovery. I am trying to use the disk clone wizard, auto and the correct drives are indicated. Then the software says it is freezing drive c and a reboot is required. I reboot and just a blank screen comes up on my monitor. I have tried this 3 times with the same results. What is wrong?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

I couldn't say what is wrong, but an alternative would be to make the Rescue CD and do Cloning from it. BTW, are you sure you want to Clone and not make a Backup Image?

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

When the system reboots, it launches the Linux rescue environment. You may have a problem with the drivers in Linux with your hardware. As DwnNDrty suggests, booting from the TI Rescue CD takes you directly to the same Linux environment, but you may be able to see any problems more easily doing it this way.

DwnNDrty's question about cloning vs. making an image is a good one. You can only keep one clone. If you make images, there will be room on your external drive for several images made at different times. That's a much better backup plan in my opinion.

Let us know what happens when you boot from the CD.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John.

Let me correct you please. Cloning takes place in so called Windows Native Mode, not under the Linux environment. As for the suggestions Steve38 should follow I would also recommend to try to clone under Bootable CD. Another suggestion is to detach all the cardreaders attached to the computer while cloning (they can cause the issue).

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Clonging takes place in Windows Native Mode -- Does that refer only to cloning intitated within windows or all cloning done with ATI, including when initiated from the bootCD?

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

All the more reason for NOT cloning from within Windows. One never knows what software users have running in the background that will interfere with True Image. Nowadays just about every software maker wants to have some part of the software loaded at startup and it keeps running without the user being aware of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.