True Image 11 bug?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gate1975mlm, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm Registered Member

True Image 11 bug? Operation in progress display stays on 0%!

I just used True Image 11 on Windows Vista 32Bit for the first time. I made a full backup. During the backup the Operation in progress display stays on 0%. Then all of a sudden it goes from 0% to 50%.Then it stays on 50% for a while then it jumped to around 80% i think. The backup was made fine with no problems but something is wrong with the "Operation in progress display" I never ever seen this problem before with any other version of True Image. I have used 8,9,10 and now 11.

Why is it doing this and has any one else seen this too? I hope this can be fixed soon.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  2. pdf

pdf Registered Member

This just happened to me under XP sp2. didn't follow it all the way but it remained on zero % then jumped almost all the way up.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

If you have your backups run from within Windows, which I regard as the natural way to use TI, you will not be troubled by these tiresome backup progress bars. You will of course then be able to schedule your backups to happen when you are not there and can go out and enjoy yourself.

See you down the pub!

Xpilot

I have just got back, hence my levity.

4. gate1975mlm

Not really under standing what you mean? I did do my backup in Windows.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

All my backups run from TI schedules. These are timed to happen when the computer would otherwise be idle.
    Used in this way the Acronis GUI does not open to show the backup progress, it just quietly gets on with it.
    However there is a small icon in the Windows information bar which when hovered over will show the percentage of the backup that has been completed.
    In the normal course of events this icon will disappear when the backup is completed. This can be confirmed by opening the Acronis log to see how long it took amongst other information.

Xpilot

6. gate1975mlm

I really don't want to back up that way. But thanks for the info :)

7. gate1975mlm

Acronis please fix this ASAP!

8. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Re: True Image 11 bug? Operation in progress display stays on 0%!

Yes I have seen the same when I run a manual backup from within Windows. The bottom progress bar shot up to 50% and stayed there the top bar moved along normally. However there was no estimated time to completion at any stage and the taskbar icon stayed at 50% till the job completed.
    Annoying but not fatal. I usually run backups from a schedule when I am doing other things so I would not normally see these GUIs in any event.

Xpilot

9. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The somewhat erratic operation of TI progress bars has been with us in varying degrees ever since Acronis found out there are such things a progress bars. I agree they should be fixed just for new-user's peace of mind and they are sloppy programming. My favorite example of this was stated in "In Search of Excellence", I believe. An airline excutive said something like - to the customer, dirty seat trays mean we don't do engine maintenance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.