True Image 10 Seeing Only One Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MrDave, Aug 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDave

MrDave Registered Member

Just installed True Image 10 on my new computer and tried to perform the clone disk function but cannot complete since it can only see one HDD. There are two HDD in the computer and Windows Media center reports that there are two HDD on the computer, drive c and drive j. Can any one shed light on why True Image 10 is not seeing the other drive?

The computer is a HP model.

2. tony_dutta

tony_dutta Registered Member

try booting using the rescue media, chk if the HDD is getting detected over there. Also you can try to download the latest Acronis Driver (snapAPI) from the acronis website.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Is your copy of version 10 the latest build for that version? Build number found the the about section of the Acronis help menu.

Link below to the suggestion by tony_dutta. This will involve an Add/remove un-install/reinstall of the snapapi entry.

http://download.acronis.com/support/SnapAPI.337_s_e.msi

Would you consider posting an attachment showing your Windows Disk Management display of your drives. The information on that page could be helpful.

4. MrDave

MrDave Registered Member

The build number is 4940. Tried creating a rescue disk but the computer is freezing when I try to load full version. Safe version does load and shows all my HDD but when I try to create a backup the computer reboots.

Downloaded and installed SnapApi as suggested but still not seeing my other drive when I try to do a clone.

Try creating a backup of my C drive and my other HDD is showing up as a possible location for creating the back up in.

I would be happy just being able to create a backup if only I could get the rescue disk to work in the full version.

5. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

@MrDave
    1. What devices are your hdds? SATA or IDE?
    2. Did you try cloning from Windows installed TI or from the rescue-CD?

6. MrDave

MrDave Registered Member

The HDD are IDE and I tried cloning from Windows TI. I was able to create a backup and verify it with out a problem, but I cannot get the rescue disk I created with TI to work in full version.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Try creating a newTI Rescue CD. Maybe even burn from an iso file so you can slow down the burn speed. This is a wild shot and may or may not assist.

I am using Version 10, 4942 and both Windows and the TI REscue CD recognizes both SATA and IDE drives and a variety of usb and esata external drives.

If you have a flash drive, even try creating a bootable flashdrive which True Image offers in their menu.

8. MrDave

MrDave Registered Member

Sorry about the delay, since upgrading my computer to SP3 its been nothing but problems with my network adapter. Purchased a wireless adapter that is suppose to able to work with SP3 but its been nothing but a problem and its been a pain in the behind in trying to resolve the issue with D-Link technical support. Anyways that is another story.

I tried upgrading to build 4942 and created a new boot disk but still getting the same problem. As you suggested I tried creating an iso image and burned onto a CD at a slower speed. The program is still freezing. Tried the CD to see if it was problem on my old computer and it booted up fine.

My guess is that the software does not like my new HP computer (actually its new to me since it use to belong to my daughter).

Its time to give up.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MrDave,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. To expedite the resolution we recommend you to use our Live Chat service after that. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.