True Image 10 questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by paultwang, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paultwang

paultwang Registered Member

1. For scheduled daily backup, the backup destination (60GB hard disk) has twice capacity as the source partition (30GB size, usually 20GB used). What's a good way to set up a backup job, maybe with new features in version 10? (Not in secure zone) Currently I have Backup Location with size limit at 45GB and incremental backup. I don't know if this works.

2. For scheduled monthly partition backup to a different location, I would like to keep a full backup that never changes, and differential backups of 1 to 3 months depending on space. How to do this? (Not in secure zone)

3. Are the images created by version 10 readable by version 8 and 9?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello paultwang,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
    Please notice that it's recommended to leave free space over the size of Acronis Backup Location about the size of full backup + size of one incremental for successful consolidations.
    Please be aware that data layouts may change quite a lot over a month, and differential backups will be little different from full ones. Therefore, you can just store one full backup (the one that will never change) elsewhere, and have a Backup Location rotating full backup backups monthly with size quotas set.
    You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis Backup Locations in chapter 7 "Backup location management" of the respective User's Guide.
    We can not guarantee that archives created by later versions of Acronis True Image will be read by earlier versions, as we're constantly updating and improving packing algorithms.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.