True Image 10 Backup Files

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gumboman, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gumboman

gumboman Registered Member

I'm new to TI 10 (Ipreviously used Backup MyPc), and have a couple of questions. Should I have created a "Backup Location" in TI prior to backing up and stored the backup there? My first two backups, I just pointed TI to my external harddrive and stored the backups there, but not in a folder. So when I want to do a restore, I have to manually search the external drive for the archive. If I create a "backup location" and TI stores the archives there, when it automatically point to that location when I initiate a restore.

Second question, in my previous backup program, it kept a catalog of the existing backup archives and I was able to manage my archives within program (i.e. remove unwanted backups from the catalog and delete the archive). Does TI have this capability.

These are probably elementary questions, but TI is fairly complex and I want to get it setup and use it properly.

Thanks for any suggestions and pointers.
    Charlie

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

No it won't automatically find your archive. Look at this thread for using the "Backup Location" features BACKUP LOCATIONS don't work to help manage your archives.

3. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Charlie,
    If you have some extra time, check out my guides below. You probably already know most of it but it will provide some confidence in your procedures.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gumboman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that the purpose of Acronis Backup Locations is automatically managing backups stored there by name, size, number and storage time. Please see chapter 3.5 "Acronis backup locations" of the respective User's Guide for detailed information. The links that thomasjk and GroverH provided can also be useful.
    Notice that you can delete backup archives from Acronis True Image interface using a delete (red cross) button above the file/directory tree.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. gumboman

gumboman Registered Member

Thanks all for your replies.
    Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.