True Image 10.0 on Dell Latitude D630

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Aleksej, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleksej

Aleksej Registered Member

Hello!
    I have Dell laptop based on Intel 965 mobile chipset with Sata HDD
    And Acronis True Image OEM Edition 10.0 Build 5 115
    I try to pre-install Acronis with command line interface,the installation completes succesfully but OEM Zone could not be created after restart
    I see message,that Acronis can't find any hard disk drives
    What is the problemo_ONo drivers for Sata controller or something else?The same version of Acronis works on different Intel desktop chipsets
    Could You help me?

Aleksej

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I don't understand what you mean by "pre-installing Acronis with the command line... or OEM Zone? What did you do exactly?

What operating system do you have? Windows XP, Windows Vista...?

If installed under Windows, TI 10 should see the SATA drives because Windows has the needed drivers.

However, booting from the Rescue CD may or may not see the SATA drives because the Linux environment of the Rescue CD may not have the needed drivers. So, boot from the Rescue CD and check for your drives and try to make a backup.

If you can't get the Rescue CD to work, you won't be able to restore an image of the boot partition (C:).

The solution is to either:
    1. Upgrade to TI 11 which has newer drivers. You can download and install the free Trial version of TI 11 to confirm that the Rescue CD now works with your hardware.

2. Create a BartPE boot disk with the TI 10 plug-in.

3. Create a VistaPE boot disk with the TI 10 plug-in.

Both the Bart and Vista PE boot disks use Windows drivers.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Aleksej,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. CAOgdin

CAOgdin Registered Member

Let's be clear: Acronis TrueImage DOES NOT RELIABLY SUPPORT SATA DRIVES!

I don't care what Acronis support says, I've done DOZENS of restores, over HUNDREDS of installations, and TrueImage (and Disk Director) are not ready for SATA drives.

The problem--which has been reported for more than two years--is inherent in the poor Linux base for the CD-based product.

The only solution is to properly install the requisite version of ATI on a working Windows XP system, install the SATA drive to be written, copy the backup to the same system, and run ATI. That uses the Microsoft-supplied SATA,which works.

Of course, if the new computer is different in configuration, you'll have to use Universal Restore...but UR doesn't work with ATI HOME products. If that's the case, you have to:
    1) Restore your ATIH backup to a drive/partition. DO NOT LAUNCH IT.
    2) Re-image that drive/partition with ATIW
    3) Restore that ATIW partition (and enable Universal Restore) to the drive.
    4) Install the drive in the new computer, and boot up.

Can anyone tell how unhappy I am with Acronis' Product Management? They have a product that hasn't been seriously updated in more than a year, they don't provide any intermediate bug fixes, the Home and Workstation products are woefully out of sync, and support is an afterthought.

Unfortunately, ATI is the best there is. Great product, wrong company.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.