Trouble with Norton Ghost

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by pasito, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pasito

pasito Registered Member

Hello.

I am trying to clone a 4gig HDD with a windows installtion on it to an 80gig HDD and keep windows bootable.

But when I do clone it and set the 80gig HDD as the master I get a pagefile error after I type in my username/password and it explains how to create a new pagefile. (right clicking my computer / settings / etc) but the thing is it logs me out right away.

Any idea? Norton support have yet to get back to me.

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I stopped using Ghost. After using ghost for more than a yr, it started creating unbootable disks & more fd up sh*t.
    But AME (see my sig) has never EVER failed me in over 2 1/2yrs. This is my easiest solution. Norton Ghost is a joke imo (eventually f's up the MBR or sys files). Never figured out Acronis TrueImage. So this is what I found for me. The GUI is super easy & detailed. Just read carefully. Cause you have all options available i.e. keep or destroy data on old (source) HDD, make new (destination) HDD bootable or storage, keep partition size same or change etc etc.

3. pasito

pasito Registered Member

Hi Zap.

THe procedd button at the end to begin HDD cloning is greyed out. Do I need to use the full version or can I clone HDD with demo version?

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I had just the opposite problems. Acronis wouldn't work for me but Ghost never has failed me.

5. pasito

pasito Registered Member

ffs they both dont work

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.