Trouble backing up system via recovery CD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by IAmNotRalph, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmNotRalph

IAmNotRalph Guest

I am using B&R 10.2 Free Edition, from which I created a recovery CD. I booted up a system from the recovery CD to back up the whole hard drive. The process got about 90% complete, and then showed a dialog whose title reads "opening the next volume of archive". It is unfortunately an open file dialog, not a save file dialog, so I can only pick existing files, and cannot type in a new filename. It does put in a new filename as a suggestion (containing 00001) but when I chose "open" the same dialog reappears. If I chose an existing file, of course I immediately get an error. Also, if I choose cancel, I get an error dialog that says "Error: 0x80".

I have another system on which I use a recovery flash drive to make whole-drive backups, and I have not run into this problem there.

Any suggestions? Thanks,
    --Paul

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

That's a Linux created disc and they just don't work on all systems. The only solution is a WinPE created disc created yourself or go to a paid Paragon product for which they provide a Boot Media Builder application.

3. It'sme

It'sme Registered Member

Might be worthwhile downloading the latest 2012 Free version and creating a boot disc from that build and trying it. The .iso is usually imbedded in one of the folders contained in the download package. Good luck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.