TrojanHunter 3.85: Now with port-to-process mapping

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Magnus Mischel, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magnus Mischel

Magnus Mischel Security Expert

TrojanHunter 3.85 has been released!

Download: http://www.misec.net/products/TrojanHunter.exe

With this release TrojanHunter is now able to tell you which process is holding a particular port open. If TrojanHunter detects a port being open that is also known to be used by a trojan you will be told which process (by filename and process ID) is using the port (works on Windows 2000/XP/2003 only). This quickly lets you decide whether or not something is legitimate or requires further investigation.

http://lab.misec.net/th385screen.png

In addition to this, TrojanHunter 3.85 also fixes some minor issues and has further GUI improvements. It also comes with a new "license file installation" utility. Your license file can automatically be downloaded and installed by entering an authorization code.

As usual, this upgrade is free of charge for licensed users. Simply copy your license file to the directory in which you install the new version.

If you have any questions or encounter any problems, as usual all you need to do is send an email to <support@misec.net>!

2. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

:DThanks Magnus
    Another Fine Job Well Done

3. controler

controler Guest

Appears you can do the autoupdate in this version on the trial.
    Unlike before when you had to do a manual update for the trial :D

con

4. peakaboo

peakaboo Registered Member

TH

I liked the scan speed, easy to use.

also the real time THguard is a plus

review below a little dated... but made me go and test TH

http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/index.htm

glad I did - nice job M

[hr]

I've also tried TR and as I recall it was a very fast scan too.

5. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Thank you!
    Your posting did me also take a little peakaboo ;) there, and I decided to DL it too.
    Have to admit that, before coming here to Wilders, I didn't even have a clue that there was something like (stand-alone) AT-software... :oops:
    So, I guess I struck the right place here :)

Because of still being very newbie in this area, and after having read the general reviews, I still would like to have some user-opinions on this software -preferably also non-expert ones.

Is this a good AT to start with? Any alternatives?
    How about settings/configuration ease of use?
    (Normally I'm not that shy with testing stuff, but I like to hear from you all)

Or perhaps I should start a new thread on this one? Dunno...
    Anyway-being a bit lazy perhaps- can you share some pointers, do's and don'ts, nono's, whatsoever?

Thanks in advance!

Slammer

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Slammer,

Please open a new thread for issues not specificly related to TrojanHunter eg the subject from this thread. ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.