Trojan.Vundo.B

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pifive, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pifive

pifive Registered Member

My computer got infected with the Trojan.Vundo.B the sad part of the story is that I use NOD32.. and I have sway so many people to make the change to NOD32 that I thought was the best A/V out there. Well it happens that I ran online a/v scanners on my pc from symantec, kaspersky and trend micro only to find by each of them that I was infected with this Trojan Vundo.B . To my surprise my AV did no work and I am shocked. I run Vista in it and is always up to date. I ran the av scan and doesnt found anything?/

Now the most important question of all.. WHAT HAPPENED? Do i am spending my money in the wrong Antivirus software?

Anybody can help me find some light on this?...

I tried the Virtumonde removal tool online and it seems it says is removed but I continue having several pop ups.

I guess Ill have to do a clean restore.

Thanks any body who can help me on this..

Pifive

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hello!

Did you try this tool? If yes, send please log from ESET SysInspector to me or support[at]eset.com.

Virtumonde/Vundo has got many new variants every day, so there is space for miss the sample.

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

NO AV is 100% ;) some slip thur the cracks. just like some would get past other AV's and not this one. Eset is Awesome AV just sometimes it cant get them all. :doubt:

4. pifive

pifive Registered Member

thanks all for proper response.

@Kosak

I did run it but now that I am investigating I did not run that tool on safe mod. So maybe thats why i keep getting the annoying pop ups. I will try that tonight for sure.

@Fajo

True.. I started using NOD32 years ago.. before even the company was known like it is today so I truly believe in the software. Never have had nothing to complain just until this point.

If I encounter the problem again I will send to ESET.

Thanks all again,.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.