Trojan remover?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by notageek, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imp

Imp Registered Member

Hello I just sent a mail to Nigel, the creator of Trojan Remover to join the group, and talk with us, I hope to see him soon here.... :D :D
    If anybody interested to write to Nigel, here is his email address: SimplySup Sales@aol.com ( att Nigel ) :D :D

2. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Just to say Nigel offers good support : I sent him lately a false positive : the day after issue was solved.

Easy to use progy but lacks of important features : only based on sig detectionfor instance.

Rgds,

3. Nigel

Nigel Registered Member

I do pop in from time to time, as this is a very popular forum with some very knowledgeable posters :)

As to this thread, there is nothing I particularly disagree with, and much that I do, so I didn't feel the need to make any comments myself :)

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Welcome, Nigel.

It's a pleasure to see a security software designer presenting himself over here. I'm sure you will jump in - especially in concern to your own software - whenever you feel the need to do so. Much appreciated ;).

regards.

paul

5. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hi Nigel, good to see you here :)

6. xyxx1

xyxx1 Guest

I use both: TDS-3 and Trojan Remover. From my experience they complement each other, sorta like Spybot Search & Destroy and SpywareBlaster but not exactly. I have TR run at boot, then use the multiways of Trojan detection of TDS-3. I believe in having two programs for each category of threat. I have two firewalls: a Stateful Packet Inspection one in my Linksys and one as part of eTrust EZ Armor (Zonelabs technology). I recommend TDS-3 for geeks and those with geek pretensions, with Trojan Remover as backup; I recommend Trojan Remover for non-geek friends, with the suggestion that they can learn to use TDS-3. DiamondCS and Simply Super Software should be running buddies; they each have their own niche and do not really compete. I have found any conflicts with using both. I researched both for potential conflicts and as I've said above have found none. TDS-3 is not for everyone; the interface (which I find easy) confuses some. TR is simple. I say if you don't mind a lil larnin', use both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.