Trojan Program?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sliponflagne, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliponflagne

sliponflagne Registered Member

Great thread , I am new to NOD32. I switched from NAV almost 2 months and haven’t looked back (used NAV for 4 years). What I don’t have is an anti-Trojan program. After reading this thread if feel it might be in my best interest to get one. I have been looking at two anti Trojan programs TDS and Trojan Hunter both have had good reviews but I am leaning towards TDS because they have there own forms here at Wilders Security forums. I am a big fan of WSF because it has turned me on to NOD32 and TI8 two programs I am extremely satisfied with. So I would like to hear what NOD32 users are using for Trojan defense and if I need an anti Trojan program.

Side note I just installed SP2 with no problems, only thing I noticed is that windows security center does not monitor NOD32. Just wanted to make sure I was not the only one. I know windows security center does not monitor all AV program.

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Well. I use TDS-3 along with my NOD32 and I love them both - but I've little experience with other ATs - only other one I ever used was Trojancheck way back when.

Anyway, I've had absolutely no nasties running this combo and keepin' 'em up to date.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The new Nod32 Beta is recognised and monitored by SP2

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

4. dvk01

dvk01 Global Moderator

My NOD isn't recognised by SP2 and reports are saying that even Norton isn't recognized on some systems

It appears to be down to the order that the services are loaded as to whether it gets recognized and that depends on your hardware configuration & mobo drivers

So some NOD users are recognized and some aren't

Those that aren't it is suggested that disabling the security centre warnings will help stop the annoying pop up from Security centre every 5 minutes

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Are you using the new Beta?

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.