trojan/krepper.ae help

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by clarkey, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarkey

clarkey Registered Member

Hi, as i'm new and don't have a lot of experience with computers i was wondering if anybody could tell me how i can rid myself of the trojan/Krepper.AE. I run Nod 32 version 2 and it tells me i have 7 files infected, all in Win32, but it also tells me it cannot clean them so i seem to be stuck. Has anyone got a suggestion please as it's annoying the hell out of me. :doubt:

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. clarkey

Blackspear, thank you for your help as i am now trojan free it seems. Your guide to cleaning is long but very effective and the advice on running it 3 times was invaluable. I can't thank you enough other than to say if i'm up the Goldie i'll buy you a beer or 3. Also, have taken your advice on the "Why did i get infected page" and downloaded all of the suggested spyware etc!!!. :D :D

4. Blackspear

LOL, good to see, and I would also take a look through the 2 links that discuss security for your computer here and here.

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

5. clarkey

Thanks again Blackspear for all the information. 2 very good threads and very helpful for a computer novice like myself (almost a case of overload for my brain). I do have one quick question. When scanning with Ad-Aware SE my virtual memory filled to the max 12% remaining. What happens when i turn on (untick the box) system restore in terms of memory. Does this then release all the infected files back out or have they all been deleted once rebooting my system? Found the ad aware program quite frustrating and slow to use, also not that user friendly for a dumb arse like myself. o_O

6. Blackspear

My pleasure :D

Just take it one step at a time and ask plenty of questions in those threads.

Unticking System Restore and rebooting your system deletes the restore point, hence upon reboot anything that was in a previous restore point is lost.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice