Trojan Hunter

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by tosbsas, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

Has anyone tried this one?? Says its unique and has a trojan Guard feature - any thoughts about that one??

Ruben

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi Ruben,

TrojanHunter from Magnus Mischel is a very nice anti-trojan, still somewhat in development. We have tested the software not that long ago: having a detection rate from aprox. 85% we consider it worthwhile, but the database needs to be extended. Having frequent contact with the author, I know he's working on that, and database updates are coming quite frequently.

As ever, a choice for an anti-trojan is also a matter of personal choice: if the user isn't comfortable with it, it should not be used.

Have a look at our TrojanHunter review and screen shots on our anti-trojan page:

www.wilders.org/anti_trojans.htm

regards.

paul

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I'd like to take the time right now to commend you on all the reviews you have on your site - I have never found a place that does a better job than you do in your reviews.

Based on your reviews, I went ahead and got BOClean, and I have NOT been disappointed!

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

javacool,

Thanks for the compliment  ;). Although it's my semi-intellectual face showing up everywhere, credits where credits are due: many tests and reviews are the result of two of our team members, working silently behind the scenes. Be assured they are enjoyed by your compliment!

Glad to hear so! - As Nancy and Kevin McAleavey will be, running PSC/BOclean.

regards.

paul

5. me

me Registered Member

Hi Ruben
    I have been using Trojan Hunter, including running TH_Guard resident, for about three months.  It's easy to use, easy to update, the scanner is very fast, and it's not a resource hog.  However, I haven't tested it's effectiveness at detecting or dealing with Trojans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.