Trojan Horse Droper.Agent.IPC

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by georgia boy, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. georgia boy

georgia boy Registered Member

Trojan Horse Droper.Agent.IPC with the path of C:\Programfiles\SpyBlaster\sbautoupdate.exe and also Trojan Horse Droper.Agent.IPC with the path of C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106F321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\rp394\a0064064.exe. These two were added to my virus vault as of 06/13/08.
    I know that there are issues of AVG 8.0 and SpywareBlaster. I have roughly 190 warnings from the incompatible of the HKLM\Microsoft IE active x compatibility. But they were only warnings. Now I have those two of the Trojan horse Droper.Agent.IPC in the Virus Vault.
    I don't know what to do with those two items. Are they part of the SpywareBlaster that AVG decided to put in the Vault?
    I've used both AVG and SpywareBlster for years now. But now it seems that they don't want to play together too well.
    Do I leave them in the vault or do I release them back? Is this something that has been a false alert?
    I use Windows XP SP3, Windows Defender, Zone Alarm(Free Version) AVG 8.0.135(Free Version)
    Any Help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you in advance
    Tom

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  3. georgia boy

georgia boy Registered Member

Yes, I updated today from the original 8.0 to 8.0.135.
    I noticed that the date of the moving to the virus vault was on 06/13/08. Usually when going to the AVG forum the refer to the FAQ about the trouble between AVG and SpywareBlaster on certain things in the warnings. This is the first time I've had them put stuff into the virus vault. I've gotten all kinds of warnings of potential danger around 190 of them each time it does a virus scan. But, this time two were put in the virus vault. I noticed that someone had mentioned that AVG update was supposed to fix about the sbauto.exe. Is it the same same thing as this?
    Trojan Horse Droper.Agent.IPC with the path of C:\Programfiles\SpyBlaster\sbautoupdate.exe and also Trojan Horse Droper.Agent.IPC with the path of C:\System Volume Information\_restore{106F321-99A3-4E3A-9103-1BD027606A99}\rp394\a0064064.exe.
    I'm confused on that. Should I remove from the virus vault and let it go back and see if AVG puts back into vault again or is this a valid thing that was found and should be destroyed? Would hate to mess things up by destroying those two items when they shouldn't have been alerted and removed to vault in the first place. Please advise.
    Thank you very much
    Tom

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

This indicates the file is Windows System Restore. If you want to eliminate this information, turn off system restore and do a scan. If you are updated, I would think nothing would be found. At that point, enable System Restore.

Be aware that if you turn off System Restore, you will lose your collected restore points.

See what the virus vault shows after a scan. If they still appear, I would look through the AVG Forums on a way to clear the virus vault.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.