Trillian Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by snowy, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowy

snowy Guest

Advise Please....

have just installed Trillian....very nice...uses 6% less resources than yahoo messenger.......easy to use....however......I don't private message.....only need it to have traffic.......to do that I need to enter a chat room....already have an account.......but can trillian do this ?/

so far..no luck....can access yahoo messenger....using trillian....but fail to see how a chat room could be entered.....so is trillian restricted to im only...

thank you
    '
    snowman

2. snowy

snowy Guest

After this post I will be un-installing trillian.....its not serving the intended purpose to pointless for me to have it.......since I don't private message.....

should anyone care to reply.....specifically to whether trillian can access chat rooms.....please continue to.

thanks you

snowman

3. pin

pin Registered Member

well, trillian can access IRC.. is that what you mean?

4. snowy

snowy Guest

PIN

thank for taking the time to reply......frankly I am un-sure about this entire messenger thing......never used any previously

have un-installed Trillian.......been a rough past few days due to computer problem an right now I just don't feel up to dealing with Trillian.........its very nice though.

much thanks

snowman

5. pin

pin Registered Member

sorry to hear that!

but in any case you're welcome =)

i love trillian, but i also use IM all the time!

hope you find what you need~

6. snowy

snowy Guest

PIN....thanks...........I went from cable to dial-up......an need "traffic".........during the day I have a constant stream of traffic.........in the afternoon/night I have none.....an therein lies my problems.......tryed a media player (non-spyware) but just kept buffering/lost connection........finally settled for yahoo messenger......did not want aol....absolutely no msn..............the yahoo is a resource hog.......its also adware...which wasn't advised before installing........not nice of them.....

snowman

7. pin

pin Registered Member

hi!

what do you need constant traffic for? is it so that you won't get disconnected? i know some ISPs do that... but there are keep-alive features to some programs.

8. snowy

snowy Guest

PIN

Correct....for that reason......the keep alive so far has not worked......although I have tamed the situation to some extent......50/50
    normally I would go with dsl.....but lines wont accept.....an the cable provider was goat stink privacy wise...only one in my area so just dropped the cable..a price to pay for privacy..........guess I'll just use the Y mess at night.......its on a chain.......

snowman

9. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

don't all the port 137 scans do this for you :(

10. snowy

snowy Guest

Unicron

Hey..super great to hear from you.........

gosh knows those scans are enough to choke a mule...but no..doesn't help the connection problem.........for the first few days after re-connecting to the net I had 137 disabled after a handshake with the scan....worked well...but no use on the connection issue.....even offered to pay the ip twice the cost........ip turned that down......kind of a rock and a hard place thing......strange that people next door can have dsl.....but not me......differant lines.....
    never met anyone with this issue before.....

snowman

oh....had several flood attacks since putting the y mess on...........

11. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Snowman.You are looking for a program that can access a chat room?Cheeta does that.The program works with Yahoo chat,and Ichat.I use it for yahoo chat since I don't like the java version of yahoo chat.The current version is 6.5.6.As far as resources needed.I never checked that out. http://www.cheetachat.net

12. Loki

Loki Registered Member

Hi Snowy,

Glad to see you back. This is an idea for you but not about a keep alive, have you looked into a satellite connection?

Loki

P.S. I've DSL but have been thinking about other options. :cool:

13. snowy

snowy Guest

The Tester

my apology...just noticed your post.......an truely appreciate your suggestion...will download and try....an reply back

LOKI

such a pleasent surprise to hear from you....always a joy. Actually....other than selling my home and relocating to where I can get dsl........your suggestion made by my last option..........will try to find a contractor in my area...an check this out

snowman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.