tried resizing partitions and lost all data!!

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by kazbekb, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kazbekb

kazbekb Registered Member

Hi,

I was running out of space on my boot drive C: so I decided to resize it using free space from drive E: (extended partition). When I did that and rebooted, my E: drive was not being recognized by Windows or by Disc Director, and was showing 0 MB free space (even though there was about 15 Gb free.)
    Then I ran Checkdisk in Acronis Director, enabled "fix issues" option, and it "fixed" everything by deleting all my data - I now only have 10 Gb of data left on my E: drive, out of 110!!! - it is showing 117 Gb free space! I have ran Acronis Reporter and the file is attached below.

Please help!
    Thank you,

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kazbekb,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Management Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis doesn't have a solution for file recovery. Please use some third-party software (e.g. freeware PC Inspector utility) to restore your information. Please also note that "Check Disk" utility of the Acronis Disk Director Suite is a standart Microsoft Windows built-in "chkdsk" (for Windows 2000/XP) program.

As I see from your report your C: partition still have "Index corrupted" issue. Please run "chkdsk /r" from the command prompt to reveal the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.