Trick or Treat: Big ESS v3 Update !!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by GaryRW, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i just got the virus sig update. it says mine expires tomorrow. tried a re install, got the same. i have put 2.7 back.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This problem should be resolved by updating ESS/EAV and restarting the computer.

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thanks marcos, i really should have thought of that.
    thanks again.

4. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

By the looks of it's placement it's telling you what sig database you used for your last scan. have you done an on-demand scan since the 15th or is this the first? If I'm correct let it finish the scan and that should show the new signature.

5. nodyforever

nodyforever Registered Member

The date and the signature of the ESS correspond to a last one I track effectuated in the computer, he is not any bug is intentional.

The signature and of I track the date of the computer it has nothing to do with the updating of the base of data in which the Eset does so necessary what.

6. Neoxellos

Neoxellos Registered Member

I reinstalled with a fresh downloaded RC1, these are the results:

Virus signature database: 2632 (20071101)
    Update module: 1019 (20071030)
    Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1099 (20071031)
    Advanced heuristics module: 1066 (20070917)
    Archive support module: 1064 (2007092:cool:
    Cleaner module: 1020 (20071101)
    Personal firewall module: 1026 (20070917)
    Antispam module: 1003 (20070917)

7. liontaur

liontaur Registered Member

Hey folks, i'm new to the Beta as of today. Just thought i'd let you all know that for people who download the software now (as in after the original close date of Oct 31) the software will say that the license is expired until you do an update.

Looks good so far except that i'm not sure what kind of integration there is between the antispam module and email as i'm using thunderbird for an email client and it appears that there's no integration in thunderbird at all. I was hoping for something like an antispam button in the thunderbird toolbar with some options. Maybe that's the case with outlook and outlook express, i'll have to check on another computer later.

Nice to be here!

8. pmi

pmi Registered Member

Cleaner module updated to 1021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.