Trial version: cant stop auto scan?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bublebee, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bublebee

bublebee Registered Member

After installing AMON and whole package, trial edition and booting it began scanning, I suppose the whole system. After 1 day and a half, it had only scanned 12000 files and I don't really know what disks it scanned, what percent is complete or what. After reboot, it seemed to start all over. I set the scan setting to exclude "Scan On Opening - Files" and left Execute and Create Checked. It is still apparently scanning all files after boot. Is this trial version different than the pay version? Can I get it to stop scanning the whole system all the time somehow? Is it possible to get it to scan just the directorys or disks I want upon boot? o_O

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I've never seen NOD32 take more than an hour to scan even large fileservers - and I have one fileserver with about a tb of data - mainly small files - so LOTS of disk access - somewhere in the region of 800,000 files... so your experience is not typical. Subsequent scans are even quicker - our full scan of that fileserver now takes about 28 minutes - which I don't think bad at all. My desktop rescans in 20 minutes, although I'm upgrading disk again this weekend - but once again, a larger disk will mean a larger cache (if I buy the right drive this time) - and that will help. My two desktop machines are 18 and 20 minutes for full scans - a day and half indicates a BIG problem...

My first guess...

do you have another anti-virus still installed?

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

If your are looking at the AMON status window then what you are seeing is the normal on-access operation of the AMON module of NOD32.
    If you want to scan your whole system manually, or just a part of it you need to launch the NOD32 'On-Demand' scanner which you can set up to scan what you like.

If you haven't already done so, try having a look through this thread -->HERE<-- which Blackspear has thoughtfully put together for us. It will take you through ALL of the NOD32 modules and settings and should help you to understand it's operation a bit better.

HTH :)

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ahhh... as NOD32 user pointed out - if you're watching AMON, it's never going to stop - it's the on-access scanner, and as long as your machine is accessing files, it will continue to slowly creep up in the number of files it scans - it's just doing it's job!

doh! Didn't realize that you were watching AMON... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.