Trial Version - Auto Signature Updates?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pvsurfer, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I recently installed the trial version and I've noticed that on some days the virus signatures are not updated automatically, whereas on other days I do get an automatic update!

For example, today (Friday) I had been using my PC for 3 hours and NOD32 still reported my signatures current as of yesterday's date. Thinking perhaps there may not have been any updates today (as of yet), I clicked on 'Update' - which immediately downloaded today's virus signatures.

Is this an issue with the trial version?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Perhaps the update server for trial versions is temporarily overloaded.

3. pvsurfer

Thanks for the reply Marcos. Eset uses a separate update server for trial versions - is that actually a fact?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

when Marcos tells it... :D

5. pvsurfer

Ok, let me put this a different way... If I pay-up for the commercial version, could I still experience long delays in receiving automatic updates?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Only if all the world has decided to update at the same time . I sometimes (really rarely) encourage such problems . Servers which always work for me are u7.eset.com and u4.eset.com :D

The issue here is that ESET servers have priority - the clients who have paid for NOD32 . Paid clients first receive updates . As soon as the server is free , the others can get the updates .

Also , you should not worry about the update , you are protected by the advanced heuristics and a delay of some minutes or hours(rarely) should not worry you :D

7. marcromero

marcromero Guest

I only used the trial version for a short period of time and experienced the same issues with sporadic updating from time to time, after becoming a registered user and downloading the standard version, auto update hasn't missed a beat.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

which is normal , see my post just above yours ;)

9. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Trial version has a separate servers. So does the retail version.

10. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

No.

Cheers :D

11. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

with the commercial license checking from the commercial update servers, there are skips once in a while when a very large update means your server check hits an overloaded server - but these only tend to happen with very large updates - which do not happen too often, and when they do - you get the update within an hour or two.

12. pvsurfer

Thanks to all for providing explanations... Much obliged. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.