Trial roll-out of v3.0621

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Biscuit, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

I'd like to try a roll-out of Nod32 AV v3 over my small network.

Server: SBS2003 premium
    Clients: Vista32 & XP Pro

The server is currently running RAC 1.0.15 - I'm not sure which version of RAS. It's also running XMON 2.71.9.
    All clients are running Nod32 v2.70.32

Do I need to update RAC/RAS & will this allow me to push the upgrade to the clients?

Any advice welcome.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What do you mean by "roll-out" ?

v3 doesn't support Exchange stuff so if XMON is running you must keep v2 on that server . You can , however , update the RAS/RAC to the new ERAS/ERAC v2

You can also install v3 on the workstations and make them update from the ERA v2 . In the new version Mirror function is supported from 2 places - 1 from the program itself and another 1 from the ERAS itself

So you can keep the server with 2.70 and XMON 2.71
    Install ERAS/ERAC on the server
    Start Mirror option from the ERA
    Install v3 on some or all of the workstations

I still haven't tried push install with the new ERA but it should let you do it this way . You know the usual requirements for the push install

3. Biscuit

Thanks for your reply.

By a roll-out, I meant a slow upgrade to the latest Nod32 pc by pc.

I'll give it a go over the holidays!

4. Biscuit

Yup - a large Vodka! ;)

5. Biscuit

2nd thoughts - reading a couple more threads in this section makes it look a bit of a nightmare to me. I think that I'll wait until a new XMON comes out. :doubt:

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

What worries you exactly?

7. Biscuit

People seem to have been having problems. A trial roll-out on my system would also be training for me to roll-out v3 to my customer base - I haven't put a single end-user on v3 yet. If I can't do a full roll-out - because v2s can't update properly for instance, then I need to wait until Eset have all the products ready & compatible with each other.

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

People will always have problem . I , for example, have a small issue but I have , most don't have it . A single client haven't complained about something related to ESET v3. You will never know unless you try it :thumb:

V2 is by design made to update from another v2 with Mirror . V3 is ,I guess you know, not a code upgrade but a new code , new program . By desing v3 updates from another v3 program . So if you want mixed environment you may need to keep one Mirror version somewhere to provide updates for v2s.

As for the Exchange version , it is also another product , not available yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.