Trend Micro & Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fastriver, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastriver

fastriver Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Trend Micro Internet Security 2012 (TM) installed. TM hasn't its firewall, so windows firewall is enabled. I prefer WF to control outbound connections. When I set WF to block all outbound connections and then create rules for applications to access the Internet (browsers, email client), they can't go out until I allow outbound connection for coreServiceSell.exe that is Trend Micro service. But then all the applications get unrestricted access the Internet that, obviously, means outbound connections aren't controlled by firewall. I guess the problem is in TM rules. Could anyone please help with the rules for TM?

Many thanks in advance.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

o_O What the hell did you just say? Trend Micro Internet Security hasn't its Firewall? I take it from that, that you chose not to install that component :doubt: or you just disabled it? If you just disabled it, I sugest you unintall Trend Micro, and then reinstall with the Firewall Component unchecked so it doesn't install.

oh! and I noticed this is your first post, So Hello fastriver ;)

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It is correct - Trend Micro Internet Security doesn't have a firewall of its own. It has a "firewall helper" that adds some extra functionality to the Windows Firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.