Trend Micro & Windows Firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by fastriver, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastriver

fastriver Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Trend Micro Internet Security 2012 (TM) installed. TM hasn't its firewall, so windows firewall is enabled. I prefer WF to control outbound connections. When I set WF to block all outbound connections and then create rules for applications to access the Internet (browsers, email client), they can't go out until I allow outbound connection for coreServiceSell.exe that is Trend Micro service. But then all the applications get unrestricted access the Internet that, obviously, means outbound connections aren't controlled by firewall. I guess the problem is in TM rules. Could anyone please help with the rules for TM?

Many thanks in advance.

2. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

o_O What the hell did you just say? Trend Micro Internet Security hasn't its Firewall? I take it from that, that you chose not to install that component :doubt: or you just disabled it? If you just disabled it, I sugest you unintall Trend Micro, and then reinstall with the Firewall Component unchecked so it doesn't install.

oh! and I noticed this is your first post, So Hello fastriver ;)

3. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It is correct - Trend Micro Internet Security doesn't have a firewall of its own. It has a "firewall helper" that adds some extra functionality to the Windows Firewall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.